Best BBCOR Bats for 2012
The RIP IT Prototype II is the second generation bat that is getting great results for the 2012 season. The bat is modeled after last year’s model that was very successful and improved in areas to make it an overall outstanding bat to use for casual and serious players in the field. The bat’s price also makes it a great investment that will not cost a fortune and need replacing after just one season of heavy use.
- The RIP IT Prototype II costs around $270 – $290, depending on where you shop and without using any coupons or getting a sale price. When you shop around you can get it for less, but then it might be in a more limited selection of size. The bat comes in four different lengths with various weights associated with each one. The barrel is 2 5/8 inch thick and has a larger sweet spot that all hitters love to find.
- The bat isn’t sleekly styled or full of graphics to entertain. It is a simple white color from the barrel to the handle and only contains red lettering around the barrel. This bat is meant for hitters who only want to hit the ball and not look flashy or get distracted by anything else with the bat.
- And the results are usually worth talking about. The barrel has memory foam in the handle to make it custom fitted for every batter. The more comfortable the handle is for batters, the more natural their swing will appear and the more hits will be generated off the end of the bat. The material for the handle is a unique mix of material that makes it respond to just the slightest infliction of movement. A full powered swing will connect to the ball and produce balls that fly faster and go farther in to the field.
- The bat is made of one piece, assuring it has durability for every swing. The aluminum material is resistant to dents, scratches and dings caused from heavy use during a season. No matter how many times the sweet spot is hit, it will continue to perform and get results and not wear down or become ineffective, like some other bats have the tendency to do.
- The favorite aspect of the RIP IT Prototype II for 2012 is that its grip eliminates vibrations. Once a player connects with a ball, the sting of the vibration can be distracting and momentarily stop progress running to first base. Without the vibration, there is no pain or hesitating to run. More bases might be earned from a single hit simply because the ringing vibration is gone after.
Since the bat is rated excellent by almost everyone who tries it in the batting cage, the value it provides it almost unmatched. The price point makes it affordable to serious players and since the makeup allows it to last for several seasons, it is a great investment to add to the baseball bag for any player.
There are a few names in the baseball industry where you know you will get a solid product in just about anything you purchase from it. Rawlings is one such name affiliated with baseball and has a reputation of excellence and affordability in everything they make. One new item for the baseball season of 2012 is the Rawlings 5150 BBCOR bat released to the market. Is this bat something you’ll need for your baseball bag this year? What makes it different than other bats on the market? Will it work better for you than another styled bat?
Cost of the Rawlings 5150
- The 5150 model runs around $200 to purchase, depending on if you have a coupon, store reward points or watch for a sale. The bat is priced where it can be afforded by casual and semi-casual players and last for a few years’ worth of average to lower than average play. The durability will last for several years with moderate usage, but for heavy use on a college or high school team or one that travels often, a back up bat might be needed. But since the bat is priced lower than a lot of other highly ranked bats, it makes it more popular for the amount of money spent with what you get out of it.
- The barrel of the bat is 2 5/8 on an inch and has a large sweet spot for hitters. The barrel was designed to be even more balanced than previous models so it felt like it weighed less and was easier to swing. The result is that batters have raved about the control they have since it swings faster and allows them to connect with the ball in more dramatic fashion.
- The Rawlings 5150 bat is a red and silver barrel design with black grips on the handles. The setup makes the bat easy to grip and feel comfortable and natural in the hands that hold it. It makes for a more natural swing when the hands are comfortable and can grip solidly. The bat is also designed to add spin to the ball which will give it added distance when hot out to the field.
- The alloy barrel is easy for youth and young adults to swing and still get results with deeply hit balls to the outfield. The looks of the bat coupled with the fact that it is useful make it a great deal overall for parents who are thinking about investing in this bat. And since the bat will last for several years of just average use, it is an investment that might last for a couple of years or until growth requires a purchase of a different sized bat.
When you want a quality product that will be successful in the batting box, then Rawlings is definitely one option to consider. The swing, the low weight ration with the barrel and the ability to hit long balls make it a nice piece of equipment to add to any baseball player’s equipment bag.
The Marucci Black bat is one of the most popular bats on the market for the 2012 season. It has a lot of features that players want to have in their grip so that they can power balls in to the outfield on a regular basis. However, having those features isn’t going to be cheap. The sleekly styled bat might not give anyone pause, however, when they see the price tag compared to the results that will come from the bat with it first use.
- The price tag on the Marucci Black is not for the casual baseball player. The average price is around $300, making it out of reach for those who only want to play occasional or weekend ball games. But for those who are serious about the sport and demand results with their equipment, this is one tool that will do the job.
Maucci Black Lengths & Weights
- The bat comes in three different lengths with accompanying weights. The barrel is 2 5/8 inch thick, giving it a decent sized sweet spot for hitters to use. No matter which sized bat hitters pick up, they are impressed with the balance between the barrel and the handle and ease of swing it brings. The more balance there is and the less weight up in the barrel the easier it is to swing. And everyone knows that an easier swing will generate more hits that are hit farther out.
- The bat itself isn’t very flashy looking, making it a tool for serious hitters and not those who want to show off when they swing. The bat is colored just like its name, all black. The only graphics on the bat are the white and gray lettering of the bat’s name. The handle and the barrel all blend to make for one smooth looking piece of ball equipment.
- The alloy barrel makes it durable so the bat can be used for several seasons. The alloy makeup keeps it from denting easily, showing scratches or becoming dinged up. The smoother the barrel remains, the easier it will be to continue getting hits from the sleek design.
Unique Anti Vibration Feature
- This Marucci Black is different than some bats because it contains two pieces in the makeup. Even though it has two pieces, it doesn’t necessarily hurt the player when they hit. The company has created a unique anti-vibration knob placed inside so that even for the hardest hit balls and ones that connect in a powerful way, the hands won’t sting as a residual effect of the contact.
When a batter is serious about their game, the Marucci Black is an excellent option for the 2012 season as batters have already been giving it praise during testing. The balls will depart the park with ease when a powerful player gets behind the bat and connects the sweet spot to a pitch coming straight down the middle of the plate. The price of the bat might make some hesitate, but the results will make them happy with the purchase in the end.
The Easton Power Brigade Series of bats have a wonderful design going behind them. Last year’s model had a lot of success with hitters and the Easton brand said they improved 2012’s bat even more, but under careful scrutiny, that might not be the case for some people. The Easton Power Brigade BBCOR series do have a sleekly styled bat that produces hits from the sweet spot and will last the distance, but the actual bat might not hold up through heavy use.
- The biggest concern with the Easton bats is that it was discovered the end pieces are easily picked off the bat and it can cause the casing to wear fast and be damaged. Now, if the end piece isn’t picked off the bat, then it should be no big deal. However, with heavy use on a bat it could fall off or get damaged and then the bat will start to shows signs of wear. If a batter doesn’t necessarily care about the looks of the bat and just the performance of it, then it will work wonders.
- The Easton bats run about $200 – $300, depending on the exact size and model purchased for youth. The bats have a yellow and white design on the barrel and black cushion for the grips. The only words are the brand on the barrel and there isn’t a fancy picture or design to look at, so when it is baseball you are after, you will get it with this bat. The fancy design on the barrel won’t be a distraction to the hitter or even the pitcher in this case.
- Due to the design of the barrel and the handle, hitters feel very comfortable when gripping and swinging this model. The light material makes for an easy swing with the bat and the whole stance and swing process seems more natural. With a faster swing, the hitters can see balls twirl in to the outfield easier and get more base hits on average than with other models of bats.
Composite Construction = More Durable
- The composite material makes balls come off the end faster, giving infielders and outfielders a harder time of catching the balls. It doesn’t matter how a ball gets hit, when it is a hit then that makes it all the more worthy for the hitter who is using the bat. The composite material is also more durable against dents, cracks and bumps that can happen during any game.
The one disadvantage with this series of bats is the higher than average price. There are many lower priced bats that don’t have the quality issue with the end cap that do perform just as well as this model. Therefore, unless you have a lot of money to burn on baseball bats and aren’t concerned if this one holds its looks for more than one season, it is a very good bat. The slugger powering it will have a lot of hits and feel natural when in the batter’s box doing so.
When a sleekly designed baseball bat that garners attention is what you are after, then you don’t need to look any farther than the DeMarini Voodoo model. This bat has a unique exterior and interior design that makes it popular with hitters who are looking for a little bit more with their bat. The price makes it an option for both casual and semi-serious players too.
VooDoo Lengths & Weights
- The DeMarini VooDoo model comes in six different lengths and various weights to match the models chosen. The barrel is 2 5/8 inches wide and connects to the handle with a two piece structure that is guaranteed to earn you results. Even with two pieces, the bat is designed to reduce friction upon contact with a ball and have your hands get less sting from the contact.
- The 2012 model uses a new type of material in the handle to make it ultra strong and to transfer power from your body through the bat and to the ball each time a hitter connects. The transfer of power is what gives your ball speed and distance to the field, therefore this bat is becoming more popular with each person that tests it out in the batting cage.
- The design of the exterior of the bat is what has people talking. The bat is a sleek and glossy black color with white details drawn on. A skull and some fancy scroll work make this bat both unique to look at and talk about. The brand name is down the back in white letters while the skull sits on the top and front in a visible place. For people who want to talk about more than baseball, it is a great conversation piece. For batters who just want to hit the ball a long way, it works well for that too.
What about the Voodoo’s Sweet Spot?
- The balance of the bat is very good even though the barrel is longer to make for a larger sweet spot for hitters. The barrel is made from alloy that is durable but won’t weigh a batter down each time they swing. The lighter and more natural the swing appears, the easier it will be for a hitter to connect with the ball and take it to the outfield and the bleachers each time. The sweet spot is large enough that almost every batter can get the feel for the bat and use the sweet spot to their advantage.
The VooDoo bat is meant to last for several seasons of moderate to heavy use. The alloy material is thick without being heavy, proving it will be durable for years to come without wearing out the sweet spot for the hitter. The bat will make a great investment for someone who is serious about their hitting in the game and wants to continue to hit well for years to come. The 2012 model is showing great initial statistics for the season so it is only expected to perform well as more and more players turn to this fancy looking bat for results.
Well Jan 1 is almost here and before you know it spring training will be to! A lot of the time we forget about the off season. Many a coach has told me that the player is born in the off season when you can work on your weak spots and practice repetition over and over again till it is committed to muscle memory. If you want to be the best player you can be then you have to work all year around. Of course this can be hard, so having a game plan set is a key to your success.
I wanted to bring to your attention one such workout that is sure to give even the best athletes a run for there money! It is called the Insanity Workout. I am sure you have seen the infomercials with people going insane doing crazy things jumping around and what not? Well this is it.
The Insanity Workout is a 60 day workout created by fitness guru Shaun T and it will really test your abilities. That is a good thing since we need to push ourselves to get to the next level. Now is the Insanity Workout going to help with your swinging or throwing a ball? Well… prob not so much, but it will get you in the best shape of your life so those things will come more easily. In fact the insanity workout will get your core so strong I would almost guarantee that you will have a stronger swing at the end of the 60 days. We forget how much core strength affects our swing.
All I can say is that if you have been looking for a new years resolution to get in shape for this season then give Insanity a shot. You can read a more thorough Insanity Workout Review here. http://www.gettingstrongnow.com/insanity-workout-review/
The TPX Omaha is certainly known for its excellent grip as well as many other features like the stifle handle and strong composite material which makes it one of the most durable bats in the entire world. The graphite material which the TPX Omaha is made from is one of a kind and you will not find many other bats like it. There are uniquely-embedded S-glass fibers which make for a special design which means that this bat is long-lasting and powerful with each hit. Another reason it appeals to so many people is because of its outstanding and amazing accuracy, able to send balls flying into the outfield with no problem whatsoever.
Although a bat like this may cost the average player more than they would like to pay, in the end it is well worth it. This bat comes with the promise of excellence and a guarantee of strength and long-lasting durability. It is highly recommended for those who are serious about the game and want to enhance their overall performance as much as possible. With a two-tier composite baseball bat like this, your chances of hitting a home run go up substantially. All in all it is definitely one of the better BBCOR bats available right now.
With an ultra responsive alloy barrel and a 1-piece frame made from 100% aluminum, the Rawlings 5150 is among the best BBCOR bats available today. It also has a synthetic leather grip which makes it easy to swing no matter what, so you will be left with a bat that can significantly enhance your overall performance. The Speedcap Compatible Endcap is just part of what makes this bat so special and different from all the other BBCOR models, giving you quite an edge with regards to how you swing.
The alloy frame which this bat is based on makes it one of the stronger aluminum pats on the market today, so you know that you are getting as much as possible for the money you spend. This is truly one of the very best one-piece bats you will be able to find and the grip is perfect. While a lot of baseball bats have a grip that doesn’t really feel that comfortable, this one is fat and perfect for swinging as accurately and powerfully as possible. The Rawlings 5150 or the Worth Toxic is indeed a great bat that can offer anyone who is passionate about playing baseball, whether a professional or amateur, the perfect advantage in this game.
Who is she? I dunno, but she is pretty hot and likes to swing a bat, so you really cannot go wrong with that
Check out some of these videos by the Marucci Bat Girl!
The Marucci Cat 5 baseball bat has an anti-vibration knob which keeps negative vibration to an absolute minimum, something which is very important for batters. The even distribution of weight throughout the bat itself makes for a very light swing which means that batters will be able to reach faster speeds when they are swinging it. The overall design of this bat is based on the MLB models which have become very popular, used by such players as Chase Utley and Albert Pujols. With this bat you should have absolutely no problem knocking the ball out the park. It offers everything that a good lightweight yet heavy-duty bat should.
One of the best qualities of the Marucci Cat 5 is its undeniable durability and strength which means that it will last for a very long time and does not hinder performance whatsoever. The fact that it has a uniquely balanced design makes it much easier to swing freely and easily, unlike wooden bats where doing this can be quite difficult. Anyone who is looking for good handling and an easy swing will need to look to this particular bat before anything else. It is certainly a unique BBCOR bat and one that is extremely powerful.